Benefits of exercising go beyond health fitness and wellness. Exercise is an activity requiring physical effort, carried out to improve health and fitness. Walking is one of the simplest forms of exercise and is a fundamental human function that serves many roles including:-
- Helps clear the mind
- An excellent form of exercise that helps tone the legs, shed off extra weight, and improve air circulation and overall health.
Weight-bearing exercises include walking, hiking, jogging, climbing stairs, dancing. The benefits of exercising this way include the following.
- Increased heart and lung fitness
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improved management of hypertension, diabetes, muscular and joint stiffness
- Improved blood lipid profile
- Increased muscle strength
- Reduced body fat.
To reap full benefits or exercising, one can incorporate walking into the daily routine by:
- Taking the stairs and avoiding the elevator
- Getting off public transport one or two stops earlier and walking to the final destination (home or work)
- Walking, not driving, to the local shops
- Walking your children to school
- Parking your car further from your destination.
Monitoring one’s health is becoming popular and Apps and gadgets are readily available (and much cheaper) in today’s market. Below are the advantages and disadvantages of an exercise heart rate monitor.
Advantages Benefits of Exercising Heart Rate Monitor:-
- Acts as a motivating factor in your workout.
- A valuable tool in making sure that you are training on your target heart rate. This is because over-training the heart can be very dangerous for patients with heart disease or persons recovering from the illness.
- Enables an exerciser to be more in touch with their bodies and heart rhythms.
- Record your progress, so you can make the necessary adjustments to your training.
- Ensures that you are measuring your maximum and resting heart rates accurately.
Disadvantages of an Exercise Heart Rate Monitor:-
- Data can be overwhelming and confusing to the user, developers should consider simpler formats that guide the users.
- Expense is a huge factor; most monitors may be expensive, especially if you want them to be as accurate as possible.
- Beeps from the gadgets can be quite distracting, especially on highways and other public places.
Consistent physical activity is an effective and low-cost way to prevent heart disease. Having known these benefits of exercising, you can find more information on our Daily + website.